A friend of mine was sucker-punched (emotionally) by her husband when he came home from work to tell her he was leaving her; he had found his soul mate. She didn’t know how to respond and wondered, what does soul mate mean anyway? Do soul mates exist?
Wikipedia says that a soul mate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, and/or compatibility.
Okay, so if your husband does not fit the definition, or at least a couple of them, what can you do? First, try to make your marriage stronger so that it becomes an environment where you both feel more connected to each other.
Here are five ways to get started:
1. Practice these Habits of Highly Bonded Couples.
2. Avoid these Beliefs that Lead to a Dead End Marriage.
3. Take Steps to Remain Faithful to Your Husband.
4. Avoid these Patterns that Destroy Oneness.
5. Read a Marriage Book and Motivate Yourself to Make Your Marriage Stronger.
Do you believe in soul mates?