We often tend to forget our feet and we rarely stop to pamper them yet they need to be hydrated daily. This neglect is responsible for the appearance of corns and calluses. If you want to get rid of it, read on.
In recent times, more and more people are paying attention to what they eat, play sports, maintain the beauty of the skin on their faces and hands. These visible parts are pampered every day which is not always the case of the feet. Constantly hidden in shoes, we often forget them. They are even abused by shoes sometimes unsuitable as for example the high-heeled shoes.
Causes of corns and callosities of the feet
We do not realize how important healthy feet are; they carry the weight of our entire body. Therefore, it is essential to take care of their skin especially since it is devoid of sebaceous glands. The feet are naturally dry. If the stage of hydration is neglected, their skin thickens and it is the appearance of corns and calluses. These can even be annoying or even painful when walking.
In addition, the feet spend most of their time in a closed and humid environment – ideal for the proliferation of bacteria.
It should be noted that corns and calluses can also develop from an incorrect walking movement, but they are also caused by poorly fitting shoes.
To treat corns and calluses here is a natural remedy that you can easily achieve at home.
A miracle trick to remove calluses and corns from your feet
- 5 aspirin tablets
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 pumice stone
- Put the aspirin tablets in a mortar and grind them until they become a powder. (If you do not have a mortar, moisten with a little water and crush it with the bottom of a glass or heavy utensil).
- Put the powder in a bowl and add the juice of a lemon.
- Mix to obtain a thick and smooth paste.
If you notice that the mixture is too dry, add more lemon or a tablespoon of water.
How to apply it:
– Rinse your feet well.
– Then spread a thin layer of the mixture on the areas affected by corns and calluses.
– Leave for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse with warm water.
– Then rub the areas with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin.
– Remove the dead cells with warm water and dry your feet well.
– Repeat the procedure twice a week until the corns and calluses disappear. You can then make this exfoliating mask once a month to prevent their appearance.
– Do not forget to moisturize the skin of your feet after this treatment and make it a daily routine before going to bed. Hydration is essential to avoid having dry, cracked feet.
Why is this treatment effective?
The action of aspirin consists of softening the corns which facilitate their elimination with pumice. This drug, known to eliminate headaches, contains salicylic acid which has strong exfoliating power. It actually eliminates dead skin to finally find a skin soft and pleasant to the touch. As for lemon, its richness in vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen, which restores the elasticity of the skin and its astringent and exfoliating properties make it possible to reinforce the action of aspirin for healthy feet.